Monday, February 21, 2011

Jacked up


Don’t f*ck with me this week! I am a woman jacked up on a sinister mix of progesterone and estrogen working furiously to nurture and support the hopefully growing embryo(s) in my uterus. Today, I tore off the head of the poor woman who answered the UCSF answering service. She had the unfortunate job to tell me that the worthless  records department that had failed to send my files to CCRM for my consult tomorrow a week ago was out for the holiday. Don’t get me started on the f*cked up state of UCSF’s back office. By the time, I slammed the phone down, nearly shattering my screen, I was in tears. I turned to scream at my dear husband who just begged me to please calm down. I responded by screeching the Subaru out of the garage delighting my 2 year old and sending the dog cowering into the backyard.

Hours later, DirectTV received my wrath. How hard should it be to set up a Payperview so I can just sit and enjoy a movie at my convenience. Did I mention, it was the second night in a row, I didn’t get to watch The Social Network and I am tired, very tired of Law & Order reruns. Once again, my sweet husband attempted to jump in between me and the victim of my rage on other end of the phone. For that, he got cauliflower thrown in his face.  This time, it was a $5 credit on our bill for the next three months to pull me back to my senses.

Until 8:30 am tomorrow morning when UCSF records office opens…..



No comments:

Post a Comment