Friday, April 15, 2011

Here we go!


Three thousand dollars in meds (just to start), $200 plane ticket and way too much for everything else at CCRM, but we are on our way. I started birth control pills last week and two days ago, began daily Lupron shots and dexamethosone pills. The goal is to quiet my ovaries before starting the stim shots next Friday. My first two blood tests and ultrasounds will be at UCSF and then I fly out to Denver on the 27th. Fingers crossed my body responds as well as the past cycle.

Turns out that all of those vials of blood were useful. CCRM found that I have elevated clotting levels (no idea what the exact terminology is for my diagnosis). What that means is I will be on Lovenox, a blood thinner, before the transfer and if pregnant, through the first trimester. Crazy but I am happy they found something and there is something that they can do about it! Much better than more of the same which would be happening if we stayed at UCSF.

Now that I am in cycle, caffeine (including chocolate), alcohol and high impact exercise can no longer be my friends. Same goes for the herbs my acupuncturist prescribes. (Full disclosure I took the herbs during my last cycle. Best response but no BFP.) I did sneak one square of my favorite dark chocolate last night (and another the night before). Whats life without a vice or two and chances that this is the deal breaker….well, I don’t want to think about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment