Monday, April 25, 2011

Inconceivable by Julie Indichova


 I am not sure how I missed this book before but I am so glad I found it. Inconceivable is the true story of a woman who at 42, found herself with high FSH and little hope of conceiving a second child. Unable to do IVF, doctors pushed her towards donor eggs as a last resort. Instead of taking their advice, she followed her gut and made radical changes in her life – diet, yoga, cleansing, visualization –saw her FSH drop by half and eventually conceived naturally at 43.

After finishing the book, I was ready to swear off sugar, refined flour, dairy, meat and anything else that did not help better fuel my body. I committed to a morning, veggie shakes, half an hour of yoga a day, daily visualization and mind work to understand my mental blocks.  And reading through the glowing testimonials both on her web site – www.fertileheart.com - and Amazon, it appears that this approach works. One woman after another tells of attending one of Julia’s workshops or reading her book after years of IF and then getting pregnant within a month or two. The majority of the women are in the 40s and have been told by doctors that there is little hope for them. Thanks to Julia, they find the balance and mostly the belief in themselves that they, not the doctors, are in control and allow a beautiful life to be born inside them.

Thankfully, my FSH is not so high (7.3 and falling from 8.8 last year) but my womb is still empty.  Inconceivable struck a chord in me that I could do this, that my body is capable, that I don’t need all of these fertility hormones, that we can do this on our own. So when my cycle got cancelled, I didn’t feel the letdown I expected. Yes, I am turning 40 next week but somehow after reading the book, I believe it will happen. Not on the timeline I would like but I will be pregnant and I will deliver a healthy child.

No comments:

Post a Comment