Tuesday, November 22, 2011

And other delay


So just when you think its okay to pack for the trip, plan out the free weekend that is only days away and even relax a bit, IVF throws me for another loop. Today, I had my lining check and estrogen check. At my first estrogen check, it was low but CCRM increased the Vivelle patches to four every other day, from 1, so I assumed I’d be fine.  Assume something else you can never do in IVF.  Shannon, my nurse, called at 4 and as soon as she told me she had to wait to hear back from Dr. Surrey, I knew things weren’t going to be good.

Not only is my estrogen still low (200 when it needs to be 300) but my lining is too thin (7.3 when it needs to be 8).  And there goes my carefully laid out plans that may I remind you, I’ve already changed. Dr. Surrey wants to push my transfer back a week to December 5th.  Mondays are a little hard as it requires me to find someone to watch Miles for two days while I am gone. Grandma and Grandpa who are here now aren’t up to spending another week with us just to help out. After some begging and pleading, Shannon agreed to  Friday the 2nd provided my lining and estrogen look good this Friday.

So because we are going to be in Denver anyway for Thanksgiving, I get to visit CCRM one more time for the appointment. And bonus, no extra costs – its already covered in the thousands I already forked over. Of course, its not money in the bank, I will need to spend another few hundred dollars to fly back to Denver again! But this time, I am waiting until we are 100% certain the FET will happen before buying my ticket.

1 comment:

  1. I just had my estrogen and lining check today and I am waiting for results. I don't know what way it will go. I purchased plane tickets in advance too because they were cheap. Dec. 5th isn't too far away so hang in there.

    ReplyDelete