Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful


Today is Miles third birthday. His birthday, always around Thanksgiving, makes me feel extraordinarily thankful. For his healthy, exuberance, and just that we have him at all. The morning that he was born feels like a lifetime ago. I remember the complete joy and thrill of welcoming our son into this world and utter lack of fear that while I recovered from my c-section, he was being stabilized with IVs and on a respirator. In fact, other than a fearful kiss on his wet forehead, I did not see Miles on November 25, 2008. Dave took pictures and I had to wait twenty-four hours until I could meet my little turkey in the NICU. Then it was another 48 long days before we could bring our bundle of joy home.

Throughout the IF journey, I have met so many amazing women struggling for their first child. It always gives me pause at how fortunate we are that we have not just a child, but Miles. I never knew the power one person could bring to change your life and know that all of this effort – the delays, losses, setbacks and frustration – are worth it ten times over in having a child. I am just so damn lucky for what we have and regardless of what happens next, plan to hold onto that gratitude.

And I am also thankful that we have a new FET date of December 2nd! Before Miles woke up to birthday kisses, I was at CCRM for lining check and bloodwork. The extra estrogen and uber herbs from Dr. Liang kicked in. My lining is up to 8.2 and my estradial is at 1549 (from 200 three days ago). Yay! So I will be back in Denver next Thursday for the Friday transfer. Hotel, car and airfare are booked. Now just gotta figure out the childcare. Anyone want to babysit?

No comments:

Post a Comment